Friday 27 September 2013

10 reasons I'm going back to Paris instead.

10. The Louvre
I just watched The Da Vinci Code so I'm not sure I have to justify that. However I have no excuse for not reading the novel.
9. Macaroons
Especially the pistachio ones which is completely backwards since I'm usually a red berries kind of girl.
8. Le Sacre Coeur
As the least religious person you could encounter I can see why you'd be confused but the architecture surpasses the gothic style of Notre Dame and you can see the whole of Paris from the top of the stairs.
7. Moulin Rouge
I've been no less than obsessed since my 45 second stint on its stage earlier this year and fancy myself Satine on my more dreamy days. I guess dinner and a show is in order.
6. Cobbled Streets
So I can't walk on them in my shoes but they look beautiful and if I walk on my toes I can just about manage.
5. French waiters
They think because I can't pronounce anything in French that I can't speak it. I understand it pretty damn well for a Northern chick. Even though I almost failed it at A Level I think my regular trips there make up for it.
4. Versailles
Its basically in Paris... so it counts and its not the palace in particular I like its Marie Antoinettes summer house in the grounds. I couldn't hve designed it better myself.
3. French Hotels
I'm probably going to stay at some boutique hotel in Monte Matre, cliche I know but so is Paris. The other option being The Four Seasons. Its easy, central and never gets it wrong.
2. Romance
I wanted to take James there since he hadn't been but we never got round to it. At this point I think I'd rather just buy an extremely expensive European vibrator.
1. The Eiffel Tower
Yes, right, ok. I've been up it 4 times but it hasn't quite gotten old yet. Actually its a painting I saw by a street artist beside the Seine last summer. Its while it was getting built, different and interesting.
Florence is a wretched city anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment