Wednesday 2 October 2013

Hypnotics.

Its that time of the year again.

Freshers.

I haven't seen Holly for the last few days, she works at the SU bar so she's studying all day, working all night and sleeping for 20 minutes before getting up for her 9am classes. Anyway, she recommended that one of our other friends: BC and I went to the bar last night to watch the show that was on.

I am not a fan of cringy magic shows or appalling hypnotists. One could even call it my pet hate. I'm a huge fan of Victorian magic shows (for example The Prestige) or Freak Shows... anything werid and creepy like that but we showed up anyway.

I was hugely impressed, he wasn't doing hypnosis in the conventional watch swinging sense which I think disappointed BC a little but he was a fantastic entertainer similar to Derren Brown who's show I missed this year.. it was Infamous by the way. All the tricks he used we're psychology, strangely enough he was extremely similar to the Psychological Mistresses who work with suggestion.. you know, telling you have to do something and will do it not because they're telling you to because you want to.  Unfortunately some people don't respond well to suggestion because of personality, demeanour or some other psychological aspect and I am one of those people. So don't even try it.

In other news I have almost finished moving all of my toys, outfits and implements to Baker Street so those of you who are sick of me forgetting/ suggesting and not having/ losing things fear no longer. Its all there and ready to go every Monday and Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment