Thursday 6 February 2014

Dear Conrad

Hilton that is. 

I'm in Portugal (The Algarve) for the next few days and having a great time!

Today I was so busy getting flights, getting lost, getting lunch, getting spanked, getting coffee, getting dinner, getting home and getting tired.

Not surprised.

I had a seven(?) course dinner at the Conrad Hilton tonight, no word of lie.
1. Prosecco and these little meatball things with almonds and beetroot
2. White wine (Specially selected by Antonio) and a tomato and lobster palette cleanser
[this is when they brought a bread basket with Portuguese and Hawiian salt and olive oil over]
3. Lobster with celery jelly... I know I know..
4. Biggest glass of red I've ever seen and to quote Dario "it explodes in your mouth!" Carbonara, between Dario and Ace I've heard enough about pasta.
5. Lamb with apple and asparagus/ chicken and black bread.
6. Espresso, I've been awake for coming onto 36 hours... Don't judge me!
7. "predessert" thanks Daniel, I must say utterly hilarious. Billed as strawberries, vanilla ice cream and cream but the cream was magical disappearing cream. I'll find the name.
8. Actual dessert, soufflé! Coffee flavoured with caramel almonds and more ice cream.

So damn full.

But not done.

Finally after asking for the check we were presented with Petit er... Threes?
9.1 Marshmallow with sorbet
9.2 Amaretto and chocolate biscuit 
9.3 Shortbread

In my pretty four poster bed now, poor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment